A 900m long pier protecting ships when entering the River Tyne at Tynemouth.
A small rock arch off the coast in South Shields near Souter Lighthouse.
A stand alone bell tower for the the Church of St Oswald in Kirkoswald, Cumbria.
A metal sculpted bench portraying three notable people from the Bedlington area.
A life sized bronze sculpture in memory of Lord Armstrong on Barras Bridge outside the Hancock Museum.
A sculpture of four metal cows constructed from old JCB parts, grazing on the C2C route near Beamish.
Lime kilns on the coast near South Shields, built in the 1870s.
Two Parks, Castle Vale and Coronation Park, set either side of Berwick Station which include footpaths, shelters, rose gardens and a lily pond.
A mausoleum for William the second Earl, who died in 1844.
A standing stone marking the northern source of the River Tyne in Deadwater.
Excavated Roman fort, with a museum and 35m viewing tower.
A maginificent viaduct spanning the River Eden in Wetheral.
A 3 chambered cave used by the monks as storage and safegaurd and as a dwelling for St Constantine.
A small marker stone where Robert Lumsden murdered Isabella Sudden in 1610.
A beacon that when lit would warn the neighbouring villages of an impending attack!
A new artwork on the King Street Stairs leading from the Quayside to All Saints Church.
Rotating bridge designed by William Armstrong, which opened in 1876.
Originally envisaged as a motte and bailey, Simonburn Castle was eventually a tower house before falling into ruin.
650 hectare site attracting thousands of birds every year.
The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers or as it is more commonly known, “The Mining Institute” is one of the finest buildings in Newcastle. It is a Victorian building built at the time when high-Gothic architecture was coming into fashion.
An ornate, Edwardian Shopping Arcade, in the centre of Newcastle built in 1906. The arcade is set within Richard Grainger's Central Exchange Building.
A free art gallery in the centre of Newcastle housing works by Henry Moore, Thomas Bewick, Norman Cornish, Richard Hamilton and Charles Napier Hemy among others.
A war memorial to the Northumberland Fusiliers sited on the grounds of St Thomas the Martyr Church at Barras Bridge, depicting the spirit and patriotic confidence that swept the nation at the outset of war in 1914.
14th century gatehouse tower built by Sir William Hylton.
Small photographic gallery on Newcastle's Quayside.
The last remaining hut built to accomodate the workers who constructed the Catcleugh Reservoir.
A Victorian public park in Walker, Newcastle with links to Robert Burns and its own population of Ring Necked Parakeets.
An 18th century church which was partly rebuilt in 1884. It has a window which commemorates those who died during the construction of the nearby Catcleugh Reservoir.
Fountains and water troughs throughout Alnwick that were once used to provide clean water.
24 hectare park with lake, woodland and waymarked paths in the heart of Gateshead.
A heavily modified ruin of an early 13th century castle held by the powerful Hume family.
A defensive gun battery established near the mouth of the Tyne during the Anglo Dutch Wars in the 17th Century and used during various later conflicts.
A Grade I Listed Church in Mitford with a number of interesting architectural features and Grade II Listed tombstones and Lych Gate in the churchyard.
A series of 12 gardens set in 3 acres of land in rural Gateshead.
Statue to Henry Percy, also known as Harry Hotspur, Alnwick's most famous Knight and one of Shakespeare's best known characters.
A folly ruin of an 18th century chapel in the grounds of Capheaton Hall.
The most spectacular gorge with cascades and waterfalls in the whole of Northumberland if not the UK!
Beautiful 360 hectare woodland, great for walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
An ancient Northumbrian Church, one of the oldest in the Country, dating back to the 11th Century that stands on a hill with amazing views in all directions.
Caves at Cullercoats Bay known locally as Fairies Caves.
A 13th century priory twixt manor house that was a retirement home and also a retreat for the Durham Monks.
A modern day folly set in the Lilburn Tower estate next to the Hurl Stone.
A 4m standing stone, most likely a headless cross, maybe thrown there by giants or the devil.
A country manor house with beautiful gardens, an observatory, old church and ruined pele tower.
An obelisk commerating playwright and poet John Thomson, who also penned the words to Rule, Britannia.
The remaining gatehouse from Alnwick Abbey, built in the 12th century.
A 15th century gatehouse that was part of the Alnwick old town walls.
Originally part of the town's medieval defences, this tower is now a luxury holiday cottage.
A 19th century fountain dedicated to Bryan Adamson, a lieutenant of the HMS Wasp that was lost at sea.
Two chimneys remaining from the Sikehead mine set on Ramshaw Moors
A 19th Century, Grade II listed, Lifeboat Station situated on the beautiful horseshoe bay at Cullercoats.
A ruined lime kiln sitting between Cateran Hole and Ros Castle in the Alnwick area.
The smallest museum in Northumberland (if not the world!!) with pictures, memorabilia and trinkets about boating life in Alnmouth.
A castelled octagonal building in Seaton Sluice that was once a tax office, harbour master house and now a gallery.
Monument dedicated to Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey built in 1838.
A column in memory of James Evelyn's parents, moved from Felbridge up to Lemmington, Northumberland.
A research and teaching laboratory which formed part of the School of Marine Science and Technology at Newcastle University. It is now part of the larger School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Beautiful ruins of small monastery founded by White Canons set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle.
The ruins of an old lead and fluorspar mine in the Pennines with the headframe and some buildings still visible.
A 19th century Victorian pumping station used to provide drinking water to the Darlington area.
A 17th-century Jacobean mansion disguided as a castle just north of Hexham.
A tunnel running from the Town Moor to the Ouseburn that was used to transport coal and then became an air raid shelter.
Water Mill on the edge of Blaydon, originally built in 1730.
A Doric style column with a Percy Lion on the top dedicated to the 2nd Earl of Northumberland.
A concrete water tower located next to Northgate Hospital in Morpeth.
A Grade II listed Clock Tower and Drinking Fountain in the Venetian Gothic Style.
An obelisk marking the centenary of the Glorious Revolution by William the Orange.
A cave in a crater up on the moorland between Eglingham and Ros Castle.
Three statues sowing the different aspects of a working man of Newcastle.
A ruin of a folly shaped like a shepherd's hut on the Alnwick moors.
An ingeniously preserved lime kiln sitting on the wonderfully named Slag Hill.
A statue of the comedy icon and one half of the the legendary duo Laurel and Hardy, Stan Laurel to celebrate his time living in North Tyneside.
Ruins of the Church of the Holy Cross that is nearly 900 years old.
The largest timber structure in Europe, built in 1893.
Old flour mill converted into a contemporary art gallery in 2002.
A restored Grade I listed, 13th Century Friary and ruins in the centre of Newcastle, now partly used as a restaurant and craft workshops.
A beautiful house and gardens for the friars of The Society of St Francis in the North East.
A six storey lookout tower used to assist gun turrets in both World War 1 and 2.
A radome housing an RAF radar at Brizlee Wood sitting on top of Alnwick Moor.
Mound marked by Beech trees, dating back to the Mesolithic period.
A nature reserve set within Gosforth Park where you can see birds, otters, deer and much more.
25 bronze lion sculptures by artists Gillie and Marc, temporarily on display in Exhibition Park.
An independent Library, the largest outside of London, in the centre of Newcastle established in 1793, opened in 1825 and home of Newcastle Literary and Philosophical Society.
A traditional Victorian Park packed with features sitting between Tynemouth and North Shields.
A sculpture comprising 22 bronze figures by Juan Muñoz near South Shields beach.
Cathedral of Newcastle upon Tyne, originally built in 1091.
A natural tidal pool in Cullecoats that was expanded for swimmers in the 19th century.
Group of islands off the coast of Northumberland.
A statue of Queen Victoria in St Nicholas' Square to commemorate 500 years of Shrievalty.
A puppet of the Iron Man that was used in the musical of the same name by The Who guitarist Pete Townshend.
A pele tower that used to be part of the vicarage for the adjoining St James Church.
A ruined bastle which may not have been a bastle after all.
One of the remaining arches carrying a two mile horizontal chimney as part of a flue system.
The ever changing Ouseburn Street Art and Installations.
A mini version of the Angel Of The North standing in a field near Hexham.